Word of Mouth Mouse & Mobile
– Mary’s second book now available!
For entrepreneurs, business owners, marketing managers and students. This second book is a sequel to Five-Minute Marketing with more quick-read insights to leverage your story in an accelerated world.
A powerful story leverage through word of mouth, mouse and mobile, is the secret to connecting with customers in our time-starved and media fragmented society. Whether you’re just starting out or a seasoned veteran, these easy-to-read and apply five-minute articles will enhance your efforts. As a sequel to Mary’s first book, Five- Minute Marketing, this book includes the best of her published columns, entries from her popular blog www.fiveminutemarketing.com and other previously unpublished work. Dip in or read it cover to cover, and ramp up your marketing quickly.
Available in hardcover, paperback and e-book.
Praise for Word of Mouth Mouse & Mobile
“Today positive WOM may be the single greatest influencer of a brand’s future success. If you want to know how to succeed Mary’s book is a great place to start.”
– Lance Saunders, Executive VP, Managing Director, DDB Canada
“With an infinitely readable style, Mary’s marketing advice cuts to the chase. Word of Mouth Mouse & Mobile is a great follow-up to her first book, Five-Minute Marketing.”
– Jeff Korhan, New Media and Small Business Marketing Expert, bestselling author of Built in Social: Essential Social Marketing Practices for Every Small Business
“Engaging, entertaining and a born teacher, Mary makes learning fun. From the classroom to the boardroom, she offers up great marketing insights. This book is simply an extension of her style to the written page.”
– Charlene Hill, Department Chair, School of Business, Capilano University
“Mary Charleson’s 5-Minute Marketing columns consistently provide entrepreneurs with valuable advice about marketing their products, their companies and themselves. This book includes the best of her recent columns along with insights from her blog and previously unpublished work.”
– Timothy Renshaw, Editor, Business in Vancouver
“The marketing how-to advice continues in Word of Mouth Mouse & Mobile. This is a great sequel to Five-Minute Marketing for those who enjoy Mary’s crisp, quick-read style.”
– Laura McBride, Director Client Services, Station X
– Mary’s first book
Mary Charleson makes a complex subject simple and does it in over sixty short articles for the time-starved reader. Utilizing Canadian research and business examples, she gives readers the marketing tools to succeed. Pithy, often irreverent, but never short on actionable detail, this is the marketing book you’ll wish you had discovered long ago.
- Why brands that are giving back will be tomorrow’s leaders
- How to utilize new media and E-marketing opportunities
- Why marketing to women is important for all businesses
- How to advertise effectively and get more media coverage
- How to develop a strong brand and a winning strategy
- How to use marketing research to your advantage
- Why understanding sales is critical to success
- What emerging trends you need to monitor
– Dan Poynter, President Para Publishing, bestselling author
– Andrea Southcott, President, TBWA Vancouver
– Michael Antecol, LLB, Ph.D., Vice President TNS Canadian Facts
– Teresita Ireneo-Manalo, Ph.D., Dean, Sprott-Shaw Degree College
Lois Creamer contends that even if you have the most interesting and important message in the world, it will go unheard if you don’t have a platform. Book More Business: Make Money Speaking illustrates how to get that platform and how to be well paid for your work.
The Epic Keynote – by Jane Atkinson
The Epic Keynote is where craftsmanship meets style. Impactful speakers have a high level of relevance for their audience, customize content to make it meaningful and tell stories that make people laugh and cry. Jane wraps everything she knows about crafting a great keynote into this book, and it’s filled with tons of examples and tips from successful keynoters she has worked with through CAPS (Canadian Association of Professional Speakers) and NSA (National Speakers Association). This is one of a handful of books I refer to again and again.
My dog earned copy of this book is referred to often. It was the original “1.0” version housing tons of tips for focusing an approach, choosing a lane, and mastering not only how to create a winning talk, presentation or workshop, but also how to build out the business and various revenue streams. In the updated “2.0” version, Jane adds further details, examples and rounds things out with approaches that accommodate subtle shifts in the industry over time. It’s the bible for new speakers in my opinion. Combine this the Epic Keynote if you’re ready to dig in deeper. Jane Atkinson and Lois Creamer are industry leaders. All 4 of these books come highly recommended!