1. The top question marketers still want answered: How do I measure the effect of social media on my business?
2. The top benefits of using social media: 85% use it to increase exposure (the #1 benefit), 69% said it increased traffic, 65% use it to provide marketplace insights.
3. The top 5 social media tools being used: Facebook, Twitter, LindedIn, blogs, Youtube (in that order).
4. The amount of time being spent on social media: 59% said they use social media 6 or more hours per week. 33% said they invest 11 or more hours per week.
5. The social media tool marketers want to learn more about: Google +, introduced in late 2011, and currently used by 40% of marketers was a significant insight here with 70% saying they want to learn more about how to use Google + in their marketing efforts.
There’s tons more insights, including correlations of time spent and benefits realized, as well as drill down information for businesses using social media specifically in a B2B or B2C application. Download the entire report for yourself here. http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/social-media-marketing-industry-report-2012/
It’s available for FREE until April 19, 2012.